Building lush golfing greens in corella country may not be the brightest of ideas.
When the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning approved a permit to kill the native birds to stop them feeding on the fairways, it’s not surprising that the community was outraged.
We hear from Leigh Gardner who is fighting to save the corellas by advocating for the use of non-lethal bird deterrent methods.
- Corellas – Cut Their Culling Facebook page. Closed group.
- Request to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1844318402508097/?fref=nf
- Non-lethal bird deterrent technology http://www.birdgard.com.au/
To request non-lethal bird control methods are adopted, please contact:
- Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change Lily D’Ambrosio
- lily.d’email@example.com (03) 9637 9504
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Ph:136 186
- DELWP feedback form. http://www2.delwp.vic.gov.au/our-department/contact-us
- Rob Mitchell MP Federal Member for McEwen
- firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (03) 9333 0440
- Kilmore Golf Club